See further down for ‘Young Persons’ Teams’
THE ARUNDEL FESTIVAL DRAGON BOAT RACE IS BACK!!!!!
It’s a great pleasure to let you know that the Arundel Festival Dragon Boat Race is returning this year!
We are hoping that the teams who rose to the challenge in 2018/19 will take part again this year – we need you! It is always such a fantastic day and it would be brilliant to see you all again.
We are also hoping that you will tell your families and friends that we are looking for even more teams – we are hoping to raise the maximum number of 20 teams this year!
This time we are raising funds for a new court for the Arundel Lawn Tennis Club (which is a registered sports charity) and for the Home-Start charity that supports families with young children.
It’s very easy to take part – we provide the boat, life jackets, oars, safety instructions and a helmsman – just raise the money for the dragon boat and come along on the day!
Fancy dress is optional but highly encouraged! There will be a Fancy Dress competition with a prize!
The Arundel Festival is a great family fun event. There is lots of entertainment in the town and we hope to see your friends and family coming along to support the race and enjoy the festival.
Dragon Boat Race details:
- The event takes place on Saturday 27th August 2022
- Races times are tide dependent and will be set nearer the time
- The cost is £550 per team to enter so that is £32.50 each for a team of 17 (including a drummer)
- A £100 deposit is payable on booking with the balance of £450 to be paid by mid July
- The minimum age is 12 and disabled people can also take part as long as they are able to remain upright unaided in the boat
- Minimum of 13 persons per boat, with a maximum of 17 (including a drummer)
- Each team will have at least 3 races
- Individuals are allowed to enter and we will do our best to make up a ‘Dragon Boat All Comers’ team
- A full safety briefing and instructions will be given on the day
The race is approximately 200 yards long and is held on the south (pontoon) side of the Arundel bridge
No previous experience is required
Young Persons Teams
We are also hoping to start a separate race this year for young people between the ages of 12 and 17 so if you know of individuals/teams/clubs who might be interested then please get in touch.
I am attaching a Team Registration Form for completion and return to me please.
I’ll be in touch over the coming months and please feel free to contact me should you need further information:- email@example.com
Please come along and join in – it is great fun and all in aid of the excellent Arundel Lawn Tennis Club and Home-Start charities.