Would you like the chance to go camping, climbing, hiking, lead community projects and transform young people’s lives?
We are looking for more volunteers to join the leadership team at Greensands Explorers which meets on Monday evenings at 1st Hassocks. You will be joining to support an established Explorer Unit, who are aged between 14 and 18 years old.
Put your skills to use, learn new ones and play an active role in your local community, guiding Explorers through a fun and exciting programme, where they develop their potential and have the chance to earn Award including Chief Scout Award and Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards.
Our leaders are normal people just like you, but by working together they make extraordinary things happen! We offer full support and training; you can volunteer with us on a flexible basis.
What we will provide
- Fun and friendship with like-minded volunteers who enjoy adventure!
- On-going support and mentoring within your new role
- We have an award-winning training scheme for our volunteers, so you get as much from it as our amazing young people, including practical skills like first aid and transferable skills like communication and leadership
- Full membership to The Scout Association
- Practical and online resources, help and advice for planning future activities, adventures, trips and programme ideas
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to our local community and provide life changing opportunities to the young people in it.
If you would like more information, please do contact us for a chat – we don’t bite we promise! We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Skills required for this role:
You do not need to have prior experience or a connection to Scouting, just willing to get stuck in alongside the team.
We welcome people from all backgrounds.
If you love camping, walking, being outdoors and inspiring young people – then this is the perfect match for you.